The primary mission of EURODOC is the organization of a yearly training program for producers with a creative documentary project in the development stage. It is also open to professionals involved in the support of documentary film production.
The yearly training is organized in 3 one-week residential sessions (in 3 different European countries), spread over one year.
The intense nature of the working process contributes to fostering exchanges between participants and experts. It helps build the personal relations upon which is based the preparation work for co-productions and collaborations of all types and develops trans-national networks.
EURODOC focuses on the development of documentary film projects with high standards of creativity and impact, and a strong international potential. There is no limitation to genres: we consider all types of documentaries: essays, investigation, first-person, archival, etc., series and feature-length films. It can be a debut film or a project written by a seasoned director. Important to note: projects must be in development, early or late, and be suitable for a co-production.
The material sent for application must be in English
Special attention is paid to the following criteria:
• Quality of the artistic project;
• International potential of the project;
• Quality of the candidate and their professional trajectory;
• The candidate’s motivation to attend the full training and to engage in group work;
• Within the cohort: a good balance between the different European countries, parity and overall diversity
• Evaluation of language skills
- The cost of the training is 6,000 € for participants based in Europe.
- It is 4,500 € for participants based outside of Europe.
- The overall cost of the training for Observers is 2,500 € for each session
- Tuition fee:
> 3,000 € for participants based in Europe;
> 1,500 € for participants outside of Europe and Observers.
- Residential costs:
> 1,000 € maximum per session (5 days / 6 nights, hotel, full board).
EURODOC is in charge of the whole booking. Please note that travel costs to reach the 3 sessions are not included and are at your own expense.
Registration can be done at the address: https://project-eurodoc.festicine.fr/