Thank you for visiting our website (the” Site”), operated by CINEMINDFUL FILMS, Fiscal Registration no. 41290017, EUID ROONRC.J3/1721/2019 (identified as” Cineimpact” for branding purposes). These Terms and Conditions apply whenever you use our Site.
Registration to our programs
- Each program has specific applicable registration deadlines and fees specified on the workshop dedicated page.
- You can register for our programs by writing to us at email@example.com and making the corresponding participation fee payment.
- By performing the booking, the applicant declares to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
Terms of payment
- The Participation fee can be paid in two installments. A deposit of 50% from the fee, at the moment the program is booked, and a second 50% installment within several weeks from the booking date.
- The second installment will be transferred via a payment order, based on our email instructions.
- If the second 50% installment is not paid on time, Cineimpact has the right to cancel the registration and return the first installment.
- If the participant decides to cancel his/her participation, he/she can do so up to 45 days before the workshop starting date. Cineimpact will refund the paid amount after deducting a processing fee of 15% from the Tuition amount.
- Requests for cancellations and refunds must be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cineimpact reserves the right to cancel a course. In this case, participants will be notified before the course starts and offered an option to choose another course. If the participant prefers to cancel his/her registration instead of choosing another course, the paid Tuition fee will be fully reimbursed. Participants should keep in mind when making travel arrangements that other expenses (e.g travel expenses, visa related expenses) shall not be reimbursed by Cineimpact. It is therefore recommended for the participants to take out insurance coverage.
- Special provisions concerning COVID: if the participant is not able to attend the workshop due to COVID travel restrictions or the workshop cancelation is decided by Cineimpact because of safety concerns due to the COVID evolution, we will offer a full refund.
- If a visa is needed, the participant should make all the needed administrative steps.
- Cineimpact cannot provide the participant with assistance in obtaining a visa.
- If the participant is forced to cancel because he/she did not receive a visa, the regular cancellation policy applies. We strongly recommend starting with the application process for a visa as early as possible, as it may take several weeks.
The participants are responsible for their own insurance. The insurance should cover health insurance, liabilities, and accidents that may occur. Cineimpact shall not accept responsibility for injuries, illnesses, loss or damage to property, accidents, etc.
CINEIMPACT will assure the logistics, mentorship and professional training throughout the duration of the Film Academy.
CINEIMPACT recommends individual work as it takes adavantage best of the limited time offered by the program. If some Participants decide to work in collaboration and in the process they arrive not to agree on final cut decisions, CINEIMPACT shall decide which Participant makes the final cuts decisions.
The Participants have the full right and are encouraged to use total creative freedom in their filmmaking process.
The Participant shall be present at all the events, masterclasses and meetings and will respect the schedule.
The Participant will interact with local people in an ethic manner and will make sure that the characters chosen to be filmed will sign the agreement provided by CINEIMPACT. The Participant commits to take full responsibility for his/her actions, CINEIMPACT not being liable for negative consequences.
New Film Production Section
CINEIMPACT teaches the Participant a practical, transdisciplinary method on how to create an optimal movie out of a challenging topic, within a limiting amount of time, budget and context. The Participant experiences the entire process of film making by developing a new film project from A to Z (hereinafter referred as the Work) while going through the fundamentals of anthropological field work, pre-production, production and post-production phases, concluding with a brief final touch on project pitching, fine tuning and distribution.
CINEIMPACT is the producer of the Work and will be credited as such, unless CINEIMPACT decides otherwise. CINEIMPACT supports and coordinates the future co-productions and partnerships of the Work produced within the CINEIMPACT program. It is hereby understood that the Work, completed or not, along the additional project footage, remains the property of CINEIMPACT. The Participant is supported to take the project to its maximum impact potential, including feature lenght and transmedia formats. In special cases and adapted to the needs of each project, CINEIMPACT can decide to transfer the mentioned producer rights for specific purposes, co-production agreements and with the scope of maximizing the project impact.
The Participant has the right and is encouraged to screen all the formats of the Work in festivals, special events and other possible venues around the world, informing CINEIMPACT. If the Work is rewarded in the Best Film category at a festival, the prize will be splinted between CINEIMPACT Production Team and the Participant in two equally shared parts of 50%. If the Work is rewarded for specific categories of the Creative team, the prize goes entirely to the Participant/Participants that covered the respective creative category.
Work in Progress Incubator Section
CINEIMPACT teaches the Participant a practical, transdisciplinary method on how to create an optimal movie story out of a challenging raw footage, within a limiting amount of time, budget and context. The Participant will receive advice and development mentorship on a work-in-progress project, being a non-fiction or a docu-fiction project, challenged by the hardships of script development, pre-production, production or post-production phases, integrating optimizations of project’s package, pitching, rough-cut, fine tuning or distribution strategy.
The Participant is guided through editing questions and dilemmas with the help of a practice based mentorship program that enhances film project by optimizing the Participant’s story crafting qualities, until the best story possible is extracted from the raw footage. The Participant receives individual and joint training sessions.
During an editing hands-on process, the Participant is taught how to use insightful Anthropology tools into crafting a humanly relevant Film Story. The Participant acquires skills that fuse personal maximum potential and CINEIMPACT accelerated story-editing method. In a short time frame, the Participant is coached how to organize the newly accquired storytelling knowledge and apply it in any of the present and future projects.
On the projec’s credits, the Participant will list the CINEIMPACT development program among the film project’s supporters, with the respective logo and title: “Participant at the Work in Progress Incubator of Cineimpact Film Academy”
Code of conduct
All applicants and participants to our workshops must follow the following general guidelines, both during the registration process and as the workshops are unfolding:
- Do not misrepresent your filmmaking experience.
- Be civil, polite, and respectful to all involved in the Cineimpact workshops and to the socio-cultural environment that we are exploring during the workshops.
- Do not behave in manners that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, gender, or racially offensive.
To protect our students & staff’s well-being and ensure an optimal learning experience, Cineimpact has the right to cancel the participation in the workshop of any person that does not observe the guidelines mentioned above.
Cineimpact will take every care and precaution to ensure that the contents and information it publishes on this website are accurate and up-to-date. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of contents or information in its pages that are not in our control. Any person using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk.
Cineimpact also reserves the right to change information at any time without notice.
The site operators make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for users to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet. Cineimpact cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption, or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material from this website.
Links to and from other websites
Cineimpact is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Links to external sites should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Using our website
Accessing and using this website constitutes acceptance of these conditions by you. We reserve the right to change the conditions of use at any time. We advise you to review the conditions of use on a regular basis. Accessing and using this website after such changes have been posted constitutes acceptance by you of these conditions.
Data Protection and Privacy Statement
This policy sets out how we handle personal information. By using the Site, you agree to this policy.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on the context of your interactions with us and the service that we are providing to you. It may include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- identity data, including your name, date of birth, gender, and profession
- contact data, including your home/work postal address, email address, and phone number
- photos of you taken while collaborating with us
- transaction data, including your credit card number when you make a payment to us
- profile data, including purchases made by you, preferences, feedback, survey responses, and any usernames
- usage data, including how you use our website, products, and services
- marketing data, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us
- technical data, including internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and technology used to access this website.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect information about you when you:
- request marketing to be sent to you
- attend an event
- register on our website
- physical registration forms or electronic registration form(s) on our website
- request products or services
- enter a competition, promotion or agree to participate in market research (such as surveys or questionnaires)
- provide us with your personal information from your usage of our website and any other information you post on our website, email, or otherwise send to us
- otherwise provide us with information in the course of our interactions with you.
Personal information we collect about you from others
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal information in the following ways:
- when it is necessary for our, or third parties, legitimate interests:
- to fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract
- to provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- to enable us to supply you with the products and services, and information that you have requested
- to help us in the development of, and to improve our products and services
- to promote our services on notice boards, social media, or other promotional material
- to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you, using the email address which you have provided or via social media
- to invite you to participate in market research activities, such as responding to interview questions or completing online surveys, and generally to manage our relationship with you
- to send you marketing communications, and show you marketing communications on other websites (including social media sites where you are a member)
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to automatically collect data about visitors to our Site (for example, browsing patterns) by using cookies
- to maintain our website and ensure network and information security
- to prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offenses
- to manage our legal and operational affairs
as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; or
2. where you have agreed to this for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; or
3. where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us.
We may contact you for marketing purposes relating to our products and services and our Site, unless you let us know that you do not want to receive marketing communications. We will only contact you for these marketing purposes by electronic means (email or SMS) where you have agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal information for these purposes is optional and if you decline to provide your agreement, your visit to and use of the website will not be affected.
When contacting you to invite you to participate in market research projects, such as questionnaires or interviews, we will only use your personal data for the purpose of the specific project to which you have consented. That personal data will, once the project has been completed, be removed from our systems (see retention below).
How do we share your personal data?
We may share personal data:
- with other people and/or businesses who provide services on our behalf or at our request
- our professional advisers/agencies
- with regulators and law enforcement agencies, where we are required to do so by law, where necessary for the purposes of preventing fraud and other criminal offences and to ensure network and information security
- with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Google, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, in pseudonymized or anonymized forms.
How do we store your personal information?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by our service providers and us, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
Transferring Personal Data
Cineimpact resides in the European Union, which has specific laws which protect the way personal data is used. We may transfer personal data to countries outside of the European Union where personal data is not protected in the same way (usually to other businesses who provide services on our behalf). In such cases, we will make sure that suitable safeguards are in place to protect the personal data. What that means is that whoever we transfer data to will have to agree to protect the personal data in an appropriate way.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal data about you, request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, and have your personal data blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access your personal data may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a data controller of your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
Last update to Terms and Conditions: 30/11/2021
Cinema and Humanity
researching, mentoring, igniting
METHODS, TOOLBOXES & LEARNING EXPERIENCES
Film and Social Sciences, New Media and Technology, Visual Journalism and Arts
collaborate in optimized ways
to Understand and Impact the Society We Live In
Here you can navigate few Lovely Memories of the previous years’ editions: