The CrossCurrents Doc Fund is an international production fund that fosters storytelling from within communities whose perspectives have been historically underrepresented or marginalized.
The Fund supports filmmakers from within these communities, especially emerging talent, who can illustrate a relationship between their film’s subject and their own experience. Generously established by the R & M Lang Foundation and administered by Hot Docs, the Fund annual awards a $10,000 grant to one applicant.
In addition to financial support, the recipient also receives support to attend Hot Docs.
Applications are now open, with a final deadline of December 2, 2015.
The Fund seeks to support projects where its contribution provides for maximum impact, especially those that target broad audiences, reach across a range of communities, and encourage understanding and appreciation of unheard voices.
Applicants must be:
- 35 years of age or under
- An emerging filmmaker from anywhere in the world (i.e. three or fewer professional directing credits)
Projects must be:
- Low-budget films (i.e. under $25,000 CDN)
- Short to mid-length works (i.e. five to 50 minutes)
- Primarily for release online or as web docs/interactive projects
- Majority owned by the applicant
- In development or production
Detailed information can be found at Guidelines