CINEIMPACT Film Academy
Art Cinema, Creative Documentary, Visual Anthropology, Social Immersion
invites you to
FILM PRODUCTION, SENSORY STORYTELLING, TRANSMEDIA COMMUNICATION
in Casablanca, Morocco
28th of May – 3rd of June 2023
12 days of Practical Learning and Personal Mentorship :
8 days On-Site + 4 days On-Line
2 Filmcelerator Production Sections :
A. New Project Production
B. Work-in-Progress Incubator
The Detailed Content of the Cineimpact Academy can be found here
The Details of how to apply for the Cineimpact Academy can be found here
Between 28th of May – 3rd of June 2023, 8 Days On-Site plus further 4 Days On-Line Sessions, you have the chance to enhance your creative adrenaline within CINEIMPACT Film Academy, an international program dedicated to the sustainable production of high-quality Films and Immersive Story Design, with the support of Sensory Ethnography, Visual Anthropology and Applied Social Sciences.
The Program takes place in Casablanca, a city of fascinating contrasts, ancient cultural harbor with vast sandy beaches along the Atlantic ocean. Unveiling an everyday more personal vision, voice and collective identity, freeing itself of the colonial past and imposed representations of the self, Casablanca is in the present an amazingly dynamic cultural hub. A city that balances the historical and modern heritage, Casablanca reinvents itself through artistic and social innovation. The vivacity of the local community creates an engaging realm for urban research, challenging stereotypes and deeper social understanding. Casablanca is an invitation to immersive storytelling, empathy and communication, escaping comfort zone routines and reaching your best creative potential.
The Candidates shall have experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Independent Filmmaking, Documentary/Docu-Fiction Film or Animation, Audio-Visual Communication, Engaging Videography, Visual Anthropology/Sociology/Ethnography, Visual Journalism, Impact Media Production, Experimental Film/Video/Multimedia, Multimodal Research, Impact Sensory Storytelling
The candidates will be selected especially based on creative potential, motivation and personality. The selected participants will go through a preparation process. Through a unique, internationally acclaimed method, innovatively developed since 2005, in its 10th year of challenging conventional filmmaking, the CINEIMPACT creative adventure will guide the participants into exploring Sensorial Storytelling and Empathy by transgressing the boundaries of Fiction, Non-Fiction, Transmedia and Anthropology.
The applicants for the spring academy can choose from the following Film Production Sections:
1. New Project Development
- the participants will experience the entire process of film making by developing a new film project from A to Z while going through the fundamentals of anthropological field work, pre-production, production and post-production phases of a non-fiction or docu-fiction project, concluding with a brief final touch on project pitching, fine tuning and distribution
2. Work-in-Progress Incubator
- the participants will receive advice and development mentorship on one of their work-in-progress projects, being a non-fiction, a docu-fiction or a fiction project, challenged by the hardships of script development, pre-production, production or post-production phases, integrating optimizations of project’s package, pitching, rough-cut, fine tuning or distribution strategy
Cineimpact transdisciplinary method integrates the following hands-on experiences:
- A personalized, innovatory approach to practical research methods specific to social sciences, sociology, anthropology;
- Methods to accelerate and optimize cinematic creativity, appliable to various topics and causes important for you;
- Difference-making and high-quality audio-visual/sensorial storytelling capable to create empathic audience engagement;
- Applied Anthropology methodology in the constructions of Documentary/Docu-fiction Scriptwriting and Narrative Structures
- Interaction within the Cineimpact Film Academy with social environments and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and countries;
- Mentorship and Method learning with prestigious international recognition, in-depth transdisciplinary insight and worldwide fieldwork experience;
- The Knowledge of Producing an Independent Film, without being blocked by the lack of financial or material resources, using the external limitations as portals for improved creativity and solution strategies
will be mentored in building optimal development strategies for their new and work-in-progress film projects. The selected participants will have the chance to discover themselves in an environment that challenges their personal creative limits. From learning to recognize exquisite stories after only few hours of interaction with the characters, to exercising decision making techniques under time pressure, from learning new editing secrets to creating best fit sound design, the academy method gets the participants astonished by how much and how better they can do, in such a short time span. Of course, along making new friends, exploring the unknown and having loads of fun. Does it sound like your comfort zone best creative exit?
Navigating a tailored-made and hands-on filmmaking program, the participants will be mentored through the Cineimpact cognitive journey towards learning how to reach their best creative potential, at a deeply personal level.
Ionuţ Piţurescu – director, scriptwriter and producer; Dr. in Sociology and Visual Anthropology, coordinator of the Center for Innovation, Development and Film. Among his cinema work, “Quest” (Romania, 32 min) premiered in Cannes IFF, winning Quinzaine des Realisateurs Award at 63rd Cannes Film Festival, while his feature “Borders” (Romania, Denmark, Burma) was chosen among best world projects in the official selection of Cinefondation Atelier at 68th Cannes Film Festival. Details on his professional work: here
developed within CINEIMPACT Film Academies have participated in various film festivals, while the carefully selected ones were developed into successful feature length projects such as “Mother and Son” by David Power (director and videographer, edition 2017) invited in prestigious forums and markets such as Lisbon Docs 2018, East Silver 2019, Astra DocTank 2020, etc
Cineimpact champions an Alumni community with great professional achievements and impressive creative leaps, creating learning experiences for filmmakers from various backgrounds and cultures around the globe, such as Sweden, United States, Spain, Denmark, China, Italy, England, Brazil, Germany, Greece, Ghana, Slovakia, Netherlands, India, Slovenia, Indonesia, Hungary, Romania, Turkey, Croatia, Hong Kong, Switzerland, etc.
Our Students Experience
”I was able to try a lot of different things. This sense of freedom to experiment and to create was really helpful for me. It was a great experience. A new way of doing things, especially if you are interested in the intersection between anthropology and film.”
Nnenna Onuoha – PhD researcher in Anthropology
“I learned a lot about filmmaking, and I had an amazing time working on the film. Great community atmosphere, with colleagues from all over the world. Such an interesting mix of people. It made the experience very, very interesting.”
Oana Țenter – Fulbright Fellow Documentary-making
“It changed me in the way I film, I edit, in the way I prepare. It helped explain things better, understanding the ideas in the film. I was able to ask questions whenever I needed to. I would definitely recommend Cineimpact.”
Ignacio Garcia Sanchez – Filmmaker, storyteller, film editor
“The hardest part was to create the storyline. Not having a script and shooting for three full days made me feel a little bit concerned. But the Cineimpact team helped me extract the story from my footage. I learned so much in such a short time!”
Sergiu Chirău – Videographer, Storyteller
Apply now for unlocking your career upgrade!
The Detailed Content of the Cineimpact Academy can be found here
Details of how to apply for the Cineimpact Academy can be found here
If ready to embark on Cineimpact creative journey,
do not forget to share your mentorship adventure with your best friends!
Don’t be shy and write to us at
in order to let us know how we can help!
Write to us as well if you want to receive the latest info through
Cineimpact Academy Newsletter
comprising our future events and the latest innovations in
Filmmaking, Anthropology, Transmedia, Docu-Fiction Storytelling
Here you can navigate few Lovely Memories from the previous years’ editions:
Cinema and Humanity
researching, mentoring, igniting
METHODS, TOOLBOXES & LEARNING EXPERIENCES
Film and Social Sciences, New Media and Technology, Visual Journalism and Visual Arts
collaborate in optimized ways
to Understand and Impact the Society We Live In